Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Pumpkin Seeds



These are such a great idea for a snack. I have been weaning myself of nuts for a little while and started eating natural pumpkin seeds instead. It's nice to mix things up a little and add some variety to one's diet.

Pumpkin seeds, like the majority of nuts and seeds, are exceptionally good for you.


They are nature's own little multi-supplement containing a wide variety of nutrients.

Pumpkin seeds are full of iron, zinc, calcium and magnesium, arguably the four most important minerals our bodies need.

Iron is essential for the generation of new blood cells, zinc is needed for the formation of protein, calcium is vital for strong bones and magnesium is used in nerve and muscle function.

However pumpkin seeds don't stop there - the tasty little superstars are also a terrific source of protein and the essential fatty acid omega-3.

A handful of pumpkin seeds a day can really make a difference to your entire body, inside and out.

7 comments:

Ali said...

Hi Deb, great to catch up with what your up too, hope all is good with you,

I also think eating pumpkin seeds are great for assisting in getting rid of worms in kids :) Among all there other wonderful benefits,

hope your having a great week

Ali xxx

Anonymous said...

I agree pumpkin seeds are wonderful and full of so many great nutrients. I occasionally toast mine under the grill so that they taste slightly different and i dont sicken myself with them.

Lisa said...

Hey Deb...welcome back

Lisa

Em said...

Sounds like I shouold be getting my hands on those little super starts hun :)
I hope your doing well and having a great week :)
Em:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment today Deb. You're a real sweetie. ;o) xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb,
Pumpkin seeds are really good. I put them in my homemade cereal along with flax and sometimes sunflower seeds.
Loving all of the cool headers you have done for people.
Hope you have had a great week.
Andjxx

Jaime-lee said...

Hey chicky babe, im back on line www.jaime-leehealth@blogger.com.au

go the pumpkin seeds ; )

Jaime x