Monday, March 17, 2008

Two Weeks To Go woohoo

Yesterday was my pre-op visit with the surgeon (Dr Craig Layt). We simply went over what was to be done and confirmed everything. It was also a time for me to ask any questions i needed to ask, I did and I feel so ready and excited about the procedure.

Dr. Layt is incredible and I trust him 100 percent, if I didn't i wouldn't be going through with it. I feel it is extremely important to have confidence and trust in your surgeon, if you don't then it's best to look around a little more.

So exactly two weeks today it will be done and I can start healing!!! I really want to compete this year in case you didn't get the message in my previous post lol.

He feels that I will recover quickly, but I didn't discuss the fact that I wanted to go into comp prep a couple of months post surgery, I will talk to him about this later.

My training is getting a beating as I know I only have days to go before I have to rest up. Rest? Oh my god, how will a do this??? I so afraid of going mad after a few days of no exercise and i'm not joking when i say this. I will go mad i just know it!!

Hope everyone is happy and well.

Debs

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The resting post op can be hard but the results are so worth it. You should be able to walk lots to help prevent the cabin fever.

Gosh 2 weeks isnt long, you must be getting very excited.

Em said...

WOW the count down is on!
We will all be thinking about you hun and you know we are all here for you to rant and rave and get out your madness while your resting :)
I hope the next two weeks wizz past for you hun :)
Em:)

LizN said...

I'm really excited for you Debs, we are going to have to compare notes. I had my final consult today.

Hugs
Liz;)