Monday, June 2, 2008

The Year Ahead




Today was like Christmas when i received a huge box containing 2 x 3kgs of protein and a tub of glutamine from my new sponsor International Protein. The protein tastes insanely delicious LOL.

Anyway, training is great and I have my full motivation back. You know when it's back after you finish a session and can't wait for tomorrow so you can come back and train again.

I have cut back on cardio and increased my food intake in particular my protein intake to help gain lean body mass. Carbs are also important right now so I have added in some wholemeal bread, fruit and good fats in addition to my lean meats and vegetable meals.

On Sunday I did more work placement hours at Goodlife gym, I can't tell you how much I love being there, the hands on experience is wonderful and I really love talking to the members.
I am really taking my time in getting my qualifications due to just not having enough time to fit everything in at the moment. I am hoping to complete Cert IV by this year and start working in the industry my early 2009. I have a job waiting for me already :-)

This year is so busy and I have so much restructuring to do, so many things happening, some very stressful but I am trying to take things one day at a time and that's something that I learnt from prepping, just take it one day at a time.

Deb

10 comments:

Irene said...

Hi Deb, congratulations on your sponsorship, what great pressie's I'll have to look out for that protein powder when I run out next.
You have got such a great attitude to things. Take care xx

LizN said...

Sounds like you have some good plans happening there Debs. Enjoy that protein girlfriend!
Hugs
Liz;)

Melanie said...

Hey congrats on the sponsorship, thats awesome! Good luck with your training

Splice said...

Irene, thank for leaving a comment and let me know if you need any help with finding the protein.

Liz, I so need plans in my life to help me through the busy and stressful months. Hugs!

Melanie,
Thank you for the congrats! I am still really over the moon about it.
Thanks for the comment :-)

Em said...

How lovely :)
What flavors do they have? I'm nearly out of protein powder and could do with a change of brand don't like what I have now.
Keep at it hun when the going get tough the tough get going :)
Em:)

Splice said...

Em thay have White Chocolate and Chocolate truffle, both tasty and creamy, blends really well in shaker bottle or blender.
Deb x

Ali said...

Don't you just love pressies :)

Great to hear your sponsorship and gym placement are going so well.

enjoy the rest of your week

Ali xxx

Anonymous said...

AWESOME NEWS DEBS - you sound fab and things seem to be on track for you - get that food into you!!! I'm still no doing much cardio - which makes me happy ;) got to preserve the muscles man!! I really would love to try this protein stuff - am going to buy some!!!!
Luv ya x

Miss Positive said...

Congratulations on the sponsorship, that is awesome! Sounds like training is going great too!

Hilary xx

Splice said...

Hi Ali, thanks again and I will try to enjoy the rest of my week :-)

Hey Fern, preserve those muscles we must lol. International Protein has a great post training protein called Tri Whey, it has up to 43gms of protein per serve and it has glutamine in it too. If you need help finding it let me know.

Hi Hils!
Training is going well, I am suffering from DOMS right now! Gotta love it ;-)
hugs,
Deb