Sunday, April 20, 2008

Thinking Of Liz

Liz went in for her operation last Friday and I can't stop thinking about her! I know she is still in hospital and can't wait to find out how everything went, I know she will be stoked with her new girls as she would have seen her new cleavage as soon as she woke up from surgery. I dare say her tummy will be very sore and wish Liz a fast recovery :-)

I'm feeling so much better myself and am managing to keep sane with my hourly walk everyday. I will be going back to the gym on the 1st of May (9 days to go) but i'm not touching the weights until i see Dr.Layt and get the okay first.

Competing this year? I want to so much and can't stop thinking about it and planning for it. I know I shouldn't in case it's to soon and I don't want to be disappointed but the fact is i will be if I can't :-(
I know it won't be the end of the world and I will compete 2009 but it will be a difficult year for me as spectator instead of a competitor.

Question:
When is it okay to start using the bio oil on the scars? Tomorrow is 3 weeks since surgery.

Deb xoxox

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once your stiches are out you should be able to start using bio oil, that's what I did. :o)

Anonymous said...

You are doing so well, it is very tough having to remain inactive for so long but you seem to be coping. The walk is a great idea.

I started to use bio oil on my scars pretty soon on after surgery. So long as the incision site is completely closed and therefore no oil can get in and irritate things under the skin it is ok. If in doubt i would check with your GP. If you don't mind me asking what are the incision sites like for augmentation?

Splice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Splice said...

Lia, my stitches are not being removed as they will dissolve :-)

Cat, my incision is under my breast in the crease.

Deb xxx

Lyndsay said...

Glad you are feeling good!

Hope the Doc gives you the news you want to hear. If not just take satisfaction in your girls now and look forward to the next comp.

Splice said...

Thanks Lyndsay, I appreciate that :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb,

Glad to hear you are doing ok.

Take care of you and your new additions!!

CG
xx

Shar said...

Hey Deb

Glad all is well for you.

My stitches weer dissolvable, just had to have the end trimmed.

I used bio oil as soon as my dressings were off and there was no sign of infection, this was approx 1 1/2 to 2 weeks max I think.
Shar x

Tracey said...

Gees all this talk bout stitches, I never had stitches for mine, they were internal, which I am forever greatful for as there is really no line there now.

I used a cream called centella when i had mine done and did it as soon as the bandages came off. It worked a treat, everyone is amazed at how my lines are nearly no existant, especially ones that had it done at the same time & also had the same surgeon!

All the best Deb