Wednesday, April 30, 2008

First Day Back AT The Gym

Walked into the gym today after a full month off and since many of the members of my gym know me really well they also knew why I was away so I wore a baggy t-shirt in this morning as not to attract to much attention lol.

Anyway it was funny the guys were being polite by trying not to look at my chest and the girls were wanting me to show them in the ladies changerooms, to funny on both parts.

I managed to do legs today. I started with some light smith machine squats then moved onto leg ext's, standing leg curls, calf raises.
All sets were really light as an introduction back into things.
I then cross trained for half an hour trying desperately not to bounce as I was moving to the music on my ipod. Then I finished with a half hour easy paced walk.

I've noticed that I have lost weight and look a little skinny in the arms and legs so I hope to change this slowly but surely.

Tomorrow I will see how I go with some upper body being sure to avoid anything that has me putting my hands stretched out over my head such as chins or lat pulldowns.

Walking outside on a daily basis over the last month was so great, I had no idea how good it was going to be for me. I managed to keep my weight down, in fact I lost weight judging by my clothes. The fresh air was good for my mind and I got so much thinking done. Now I find myself debating wheather to go to the gym or go walking! Obviously I LOVE weight training so that won hands down ;-)
I will add my walks to my week as I believe it would be an advantage to my training. My mindset was always "go fast, go hard" for results I could never allow myself to slow down even though I know that this is the best method for reducing bodyfat and maintaining muscle mass. This surgery was a good thing because I got more then just a great boob job out of it :-)

Debs

7 comments:

Em said...

Yay *bouncing up and down clapping*
So how do you feel after the gym? Hope you didn't over do it *wagging finger*
It's so great to have you back and you sound so high in spirit I just want to give you a big hug :)
Em:)

LizN said...

OOH I am so excited for you Debs, I can't stand up straight yet and I'm looking forward to cheering your progression back to normal.

Big hugs
Liz:)

Lyndsay said...

Yaay! Good for you! I'm loving my early morning walks at the moment I know what you mean.

Andrea said...

Good to hear that you are back at the gym again deb!
Hope you weren't too sore the next day!
Andjxx

Combat Girl said...

So happy for you Deb,

It is amazing what some quiet time and fresh air can do.

Can't wait to see some pics of you now!!

Kisses
CG

Miss Positive said...

Sounds like you had a great first day back at the gym, hope you're not too sore now?

Great to hear that you're loving walking outdoors now! Its good to get some fresh air and clear the mind.

Hilary xx

Tara said...

Hiya Deb, i am glad that you are back in the gym again. lol @ the differing reaction from the girls and boys. I agree with getting outside and getting fresh air. It is so great for your mind isnt it!! but then so is throwing some weights around in the gym. lol have a great weekend Deb. xxx