Thursday, May 15, 2008

Got The Go Ahead!

I saw Dr. Layt this morning and everything went really well. My healing is great and I have the go ahead to start training and competing is up to me!

This year is a very busy year for me in so many aspects of my life and I was seriously thinking about taking the year off because of all the time and pressures that are around me at the moment and throughout the year.
I was kind of hoping Dr. Layt would say "no competing for you this year", that would have made it easier for me to take this year off.

But I can't help myself lol, I have decided to work towards it and if it all gets to much for me to handle the prep and my busy life I will postone it to next year. I think I should at least give it a try this way I will have no regrets and if it doesn't work it is so easy to stop.

My only concern for the prep is if I can build up enough muscle tone for the show in around 18 weeks time. I will have to easy back into my chest workouts I would imagaine and I do feel a little flat but I know once I start training hard again I should be okay, need to talk to trainer about this.

Sorry I can't be at the INBA tomorrow to support the lovely ladies, my son plays his first soccor match tomorrow :-)

I will be at the WNBF the following week, I will be helping out so I hope to see some of you there. I know Alicia will be there :-)

I will keep you up to date!

Debs xxx

4 comments:

Em said...

YAY
I knew you were a healthy chicky and that you would bouncce back fast!

I'm loving your attitude hun, it's all about having a go :)

I hope your son had a great soccor match :)

Em:)

Anonymous said...

Great to hear your set of girls are healing lovely!! It's funny - i thought i wouldnt compete again this year but once the bugs bites - no amount of "stingoes" heals :) Good luck with prep - you will be FINE Deb, you have the best will power and strength i know!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see what your girls look like. ;o) xx

Shar said...

Good to see all is well Deb. Also great to hear you will back on stage already!! Good luck with your return to training.
Shar x