Sunday, May 25, 2008

WNBF Gold Coast Classic 2008

I had the best time at the show yesterday! I got to catch up with people I hadn't seen in a while and also meet new people.
I was invited to sit in at the judges table and I learnt so much, it was priceless. My highlight was being invited to present trophy's to the Miss Fit Body division's (you would know this as "figure", it's called Fit Body with this Fed). And I also presented the trophy to the over all Miss Fit Body Winner.

Seeing Liz was another highlight of my day :-), she looks incredible and she was so proud of Shelley and for good reason as she looked stunning! I love your shape Shelley and I want that awesome t-shirt you were wearing that said "buff mother" :-)

As I was driving to the show I had this feeling that I would get there, watch the show and then want to leave and start prepping for Oct as I have quailifed for the Asia-Pacific Championships already. But the funny thing is, I realized that I really did need a year off for adding size, for resting (from dieting), and for learning more about being in the off season. I had a chat with the lovely Nancy Waites who really helped put things into perspective aswell, she is an amazing athlete who really knows what she is doing and I would like to follow her good example.

I know if I prep now I will stand on stage in Sydney with pretty much the same condition as last year, that's not good enough for me, it has to better then last year and for this I need to change the way I think and do things. I still feel like such a novice at the moment, it really takes time to get this right.

The competitor's looked great and posed beautifully, you could tell thay had been to see Jo Rogers :-) Jo brings elegance out of the figure girls and it really makes a difference when they are on stage.

So I guess i'm in higher spirits now that I have a goal to work towards and have a direction. I will keep you posted as to how I go but one's things for sure I need to start eating more and doing alot less cardio, I AM NOT PREPPING so stop eating and training as if I am!!!
Time to add some good weight to this bod :-)

2 comments:

ss2306 said...

It was so nice to meet you yesterday after reading your blog for so long now Debs! You are looking really really great and I agree - why compete again in the same condition. Bigger and better, onwards and upwards the only way to go from here for me also. "IF" I compete again it won't be till next year also which should have me improved from these past two comps. Would you mind emailing me at ss2306@bigpond.net.au with any comments, good and bad, and areas that you think I could improve on after seeing me on stage yesterday. Any inside word on what the judges were looking for and in comparing myself to 1st place getters?

Would love to keep in touch.

Luv Shelley

ss2306 said...

Oh, I forgot. Here's the link for BuffMother and the top I had on.

http://www.buffmother.com/catalog/Shirts,131,331.aspx