Thursday, May 22, 2008

I'm 98% Sure I'm Doing The Right Thing




Thanks to everyone's amazing advice here and on Lindy's forum I have made a decision and that is not to compete this year :-)

I can't thank you guys enough for your love and support and I have to admit it really was the deciding factor in all this. I was able to see things in perspective as my judgement has been very clouded.

Knowing what I have to do now for the off season will be exciting once I look more into how I will go about nutrition and training for growth etc as this is a new learning experience for me so it should be exciting. This will be the longest I have gone without prepping and it will be good for me to learn more about myself and how my body works.

So what about the 2% doubt? I can't tell you why, perhaps fear of regreting not competing this year, perhaps fear of not knowing how to train for the off season, maybe a bit of both. This 2% I can handle :-)

I have to admit I am feeling better now (your right Shar) as I can move in a direction now, it is frustrating being stuck at the crossroads and not knowing which path to take. This post is my first step down my chosen path and boy it feels pretty good to be moving again.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your help with this. It just amazes me how much support we have been giving one other of the years, it is something to treasure as it is priceless.

Luv,

Deb xxx

2 comments:

Shar said...

Hey Deb
Well done on being brave enough to make your decision.

Set your goals, visualise what you will look like and go kick ass in the gym for a year!!! You are going to look great for it next year!
Perhaps something to consider, if you still want to be around comps and use them as your drive and motivation, is to put yourself out there for someone to use!! Be a backstage buddy, I'm sure theres plenty that would love you as a buddy, me included :)
Keep blogging,
Shar x

Anonymous said...

Hey Deb,

gosh knowing how alike we are, I can understand how much this decision would of been driving you crazy! BUT all decisions we make in life are for a reason and add to our little book of experiences! Great time to get in tune with your body, it's been through a lot these past few months, so it will LOVE you for giving it a break from comp :) I know you will be there for me and all the others cause that's the type of unreal person you are xxx