Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Undecided




Since posting about going ahead and competing in September I have been in two minds and struggling to make a decision wheather to do so or not. I have been discussing this in Lindy's forum so some of you know about this already and have been supporting me through it.

I am trying to weigh up the pros and cons and will "need" to make my final decision by the end of this week. I am leaning towards having this year off and focusing on building more quality muscle for the early comps in 2009. I have always wanted to compete in Canberra (my old home town) so I might look at doing this.

With a very busy year ahead of me I do think it's best to focus on the home front, finish my PT course and gain muscle, and before I know it, it will be Jan and time to start prepping.

I'm finding it so hard to actually say that I won't compete this year and I can't understand why and until I do make it concrete I am tearing myself apart and wasting all this energy doing so. As I type this I realize I need to make up my mind so I can use this energy as a positive and work towards early 2009 instead.

What I need to do is post my decision by next week and move on! I don't know why I am buying myself a few more days, i'm so confused, it's crazy.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds to me like you already have your answer in your mind. Put it out there in the universe - be brave!
Lisa

Splice said...

I think that's what's wrong with me, I have lost my courage and don't feel brave anymore.
I need to find it again, I know it's inside me but it's hiding good and proper!
Deb x

Anonymous said...

It sounds to me like you've already made the decision Deb. But like you said, you just can't bring yourself to say it for whatever reason.

Just know one thing, either way I won't judge you. :o)

Lia xx

Splice said...

Lia,
I know you would never judge me :-).
Your a true friend and always have been.
Deb

Shar said...

Hey Deb
I just wanted to add that if deep down you know it, which it does sound like you do, grab it, be strong and proud you are making the right decision for you, state it and move on.
I did July last year and intended on going on to WA States in October, after some agonising I decided not to and the relief was immense.
Good luck with whatever your decision, I will be checking in on your blog whatever you decide to do.
Shar xx

Em said...

Hi there Deb :)

You owe it to yourself to be honest and you owe it to yourself to have peace of mind :)

There is always another comp out there, and we are always here to support you :)

I say get it out there :)

Em:)