Sunday, July 20, 2008

A momentary lapse of reason

Yesterday was a huge learning curve for me. I completely let my emotions take over and I over re-acted to something that I thought I had control of - the scales!

As you must know by now I was always one not to weigh myself unless i was prepping as i found i could handle it due to the reduction in weight from weigh in to weigh in.

I stood on the scales yesterday in order to see where i'm at in relation to my nutrition intake which has been improved and because I have started some freaky strength training and my goal is to get big.
So when i saw that I had gained 3kgs in 4 weeks I freaked out, even knowing that that is my goal!

What went through my mind was "this is fast", the weight gain is really fast in just four weeks. Then I thought about the last time I weighed that much and it was two years ago just before my first comp prep (my before photos) and I thought I looked like that because the scales told me so.

Anyway, after speaking with Michael and Lisa they both set me straight. I have been eating a low caloric diet for a long time and doing loads of cardio so a month ago when I corrected all this my body was very much in need of all this extra nutrition and was taking it all in. It should actually slow right down now as I continue on the same path.

I have decided to turn this into a positive, it is a positive as I want to grow. So I started today at the gym by telling everyone I had gained the 3kgs in 4 weeks and that I was proud of it lol. If I feel good about it, it will work in my favor.

Lia hit the nail on the head by saying i let my emotions take over my brain! To true and I now need to take charge of that!

The good news is my measurements (I took them later that day) were good and showed an improvement.

I have added comparison pictures, they are two years apart and it is of me at the same weight, the difference blew me away and it is proof again that the scales measure more then fat!!!




19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl that's a huge difference as you can also see, wow I'm really impressed.

Now as for the great header, how on earth did you do that? The photos and text I kind of know but the background is where I'm clueless. Care to share Deb?

Lia xxx

RaeC said...

Don't you just love the slap back to reality you get with comparison shots if you start to panic at weight gain. That is SO muscle you have been putting on my girl... you've been working hard and it shows!! Go girl!! xxx

Splice said...

Thanks so much for the positive feedback, I know how honest you are so it means alot to me :-)

As for the header I use a program called "pages" you have to have a Mac for that hee hee.

Splice said...

Thanks Rae!!!!
Yes seeing the comparisons today has put things into perspective for me!

Anonymous said...

Aren't we the smarty pants today. LOL!! *poking my tongue out at you* :o) xxx

Tara said...

A lesson learned hey Deb!! can I just say OMFG!!! @ your comparison shots!! they are sensational.

Anonymous said...

DEB!!! OMG - you are MY inspiration!!!! You have come SO FAR!!! AND look at that V-taper - bitch!!! hee hee
LOVE YA

PS: I think you could be in physique!!!!!

Splice said...

Thanks Tara, i am still amazed at the pictures myself!

Fern, LMAO you are too funny but thanks for calling me a bitch, the ultimate compliment hee hee.
And as for physique, I WISH!!!

Charlotte Orr said...

Wow Deb, great improvements! Wish I grew that fast, LOL.

Anonymous said...

my princess, maybe NOW your starting to realise your real potential and what I have told you all along ;o)

Andrea said...

Hi Deb - what awesome comparison shots - it just goes to show you how the scales are a poor indicator of condition!
You look amazing and have come such a long way!
Andjxx

Maryanne said...

Congratulations Deb, those are some awesome shots. Your back looks amazing. I too am phobic about the scales so know exactly where you are coming from.

I feel great inspiration from you. xxx

Maryanne

Sam D-M said...

Wow you are looking awesome Deb! Well done, all that hard worh has certainly paid off!

Unknown said...

Check out that back development !!!! I am soooooooooooo jealous.

Lol, but how I can relate to those momentary lapses of reason.

Keep it up girl.

Combat Girl said...

WOW Deb,

I know which way I would rather look, regardless of the number on the scales.

Stay positive and have faith in yourself and in your team.

Hugs
CG
xx

Anonymous said...

Amazing progress Deb! your waist is so tiny! pictures and measurements are so much better than the scale, you're pure muscle :)

Ali said...

WOW Deb, that progress is just awesome isn't it, good on you!!

Have a great day

Ali xxx

LizN said...

Holey schmokely Debs, you look wow :) I think muscle growing agrees with you.

Hugs
Liz;)

Melanie said...

Major difference in appearance there!!

Thanks for your comment- I'd read this post before but its a good one to re-read atm!