Sunday, August 10, 2008

From Strength To Strength

I'm not sure how i'm doing it but I seem to be getting stronger each week and performing more PB's! Today I beat last week's PB on the bench press.
My DOMS feel different training this way too, it feels deeper in the muscle then where I would usually feel it when performing higher reps.
So the bottom line is I am enjoying the challenge of strength training but gosh it's really hard work, not just physically but mentally too. You really have to have your mind in the right place for a heavy lift.

I am really nervous about having to perform my practical exams this Saturday for my PT course. I think i'm nervous about not being able to get the words out right lol. I need to just rehearse it over and over again until it feels right. I have been putting this off for a while so it's time to bite the bullet and get it done.

My plans are to start working in the industry by the end of this year or maybe first thing next year, it will depend on how much longer it takes me to complete the rest of my studies and do a first aid course etc and I need to take in other considerations but hopefully sooner rather then later. I have already registered a business name and am awaiting my ABN number.

Did anyone watch the Olympic Games Opening Ceremony? It was incredible but unfortunately I fell asleep half way though :-(

Deb xxx

6 comments:

Kie said...

Hi Deb,
You're right in saying you need to be mentally strong when lifting heavy. I did watch some of the opening ceromony but it went so late I went to be as well. Good luck with your exam to (-:
Kie xx

Sam D-M said...

Hi Deb,

The Fitness Industry will certainly gain a wonderful role model with you.

Keep up the great work, you are improving in leaps and bounds and continue to be an inspirational Figure GAL!

Sam

Lisa said...

Great...if you are getting stronger you are getting bigger too!!

ss2306 said...

Hi Debs

You're gonna be one FHMF! Keep up the great work.

Luv Shelley

Jane said...

Sounds like you are going great guns! Lifting heavy once you know how to train is so satisfying! You are so correct on the PMS x 10!

Just be confident for the exam, you will be great.

Janey

Spartze said...

hey good luck with the exam - you will so do fine :) awesome to hear re the training too xox