Sunday, August 17, 2008

My Progress Update



Yesterday was my weigh in day ( I weigh in once a month) and I have put on half a kilo.
Since I started strength training my weigh in's are as follows:

June 20th (day before I started strength training): 60kgs
July 20th:63kgs
August 17th: 63.5kgs

So the first month was a rapid increase in weight and last month things have settled and I am moving along at a much preferred rate, that is preferred by me :-).

I believe that all I need to do is stick with the plan and go from day to day. I am finding it mentally challenging being heavier and I continue to question my weight gains regularly as to whether it's mostly fat or mostly muscle. But at the end of the day I want to increase muscle mass and I have to stick to the plan and not jeopardize my hard earned muscles by reducing calories or hammering the cardio equipment which I am so tempted to do. But that day will come, prep will start early next year so I have to wait until then :-)

I am getting so strong, i never thought I would get that bloody strong but it happens if you persist :-), I am really enjoying the power presses and static holds on chest days, they have really helped with my strength on the bench press.
I have also been focusing on my weak body part, my shoulders, trying to get them to grow, I am having little success but still have a long way to go, some of you ladies are just so blessed to have big beautiful shoulders :-)

Finally did what I have been putting off doing for months and that is my practical exam for cert III (even though I am almost through cert IV), I arranged for the exam on Saturday, I am so glad that one is over and done with, I think I have to do one more for Cert IV though.
I also need to start looking into doing a first aid course, I can't believe how close I am getting now to being a PT!! So excited.

Hop everyone is well, I will pop in soon to say hi.

Debs xxx

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet your bottom dollar that you're gaining muscle Deb.

And as for your cert iv, you've over taken me. I better pull my finger out and get mine finished as well. Feel free to prompt and probe me about this too. You have my persmission. LOL!!

Five sleeps and counting. ;o)

Lia xxx

Splice said...

Oh I wanted to continue to prompt you about studying but with everything you are going through, I feel there is time :-)
I am up to Specialty Training for Children & Older Adults, I don't think i'm ahead.
Silly me didn't purchase Cert 3 & 4 at the same time, I bought cert 3 first and recently cert 4, go figure!
So basically I just finished cert 3 by finishing that Practical exam on the weekend.

Today is your cleaning day, maybe tomorrow you can squeeze in at least an hour of studying :-)
One day at a time my love.
Can't wait to see you on the weekend.
Hugs,
Deb

Anonymous said...

Prompt away, I've got to get this done and I'm so forgetful these days that you'll actually be doing me a favour Deb. :o) xx

LizN said...

sounds like you are going great guns and lifting some decent iron :)

Hugs
Liz;)

Anonymous said...

GO you good thing!!! HUGS HUGS and MORE HUGS x

ss2306 said...

I think I'm in your boat too Deb with the mind tricks and weight and cardio and muscle mass, body fat, etc but we must remember our goals and what we're trying to achieve and trust. And finally believe that those beautiful big shoulders are comin' our way!

Luv Shelley

PS Will we see you this weekend in Brissy?

Lisa said...

well done..you sound like you are getting it all together.

If you are getting stronger, you have to be putting on muscle - that is how it works.

Dianna Broeren said...

I think you are blessed for having long legs and a little butt :)

Great to read about your positive progress.

Tara said...

Hiya Deb, you are sounding so positive!! I love it :o)

Good job on the muscle that you have gained and congrats on sitting your exam.

Tara xx