Wednesday, October 22, 2008


I'm so slack for not blogging about passing my last practical exam even though I was bouncing of the walls with excitement when I got the letter.
I have now completed both Certificate III and IV, I am now qualified and still can't believe it.
I should receive my certificates today or tomorrow (hopefully) then all that's left is to register with Fitness Australia and organise my insurances.
I spoke briefly to the Fitness Director of Goodlife gym yesterday just to keep him up to date as to where i'm at and it looks like I will be ready to start working in 2 -3 weeks time, so exciting!

My lower body training has taken a backward step due to a lower back sprain, I will be taken it easy until I recover completely.  I did this doing deadlifts a few weeks ago but I re-injured it recently and now I have to take it easy.  I'm not in too much pain, only when I bend down.  It feels like it's getting better but I will take the rest of this year easy to make sure.

Other then that my training is great guns!  I have really been hammering my upper body I guess that's because there is no pain in my lower back when doing upper body exercises, so I have seen strength increase and some minor gains.

Nutrition is good, but i'm feeling hungry at 2.15pm each day lol, it's a 45 minute wait until my next meal at 3pm.  So I end up increasing my water intake even more during this time to keep on top of the hunger.  I can't believe that after the amount of food I eat that I get hungry, my metabolism is revving up which is great.
I'm not feeling any body fat loss at the moment due to the onset of TTOTM, so I am holding water and feeling fat (as we do).  I'm okay with it because I know I will be feeling great in a few more days, I know this pattern and I will not let it get to me, it's temporary :-)

I see JD next Thursday, I have to say i'm so curious to see how i'm going with the skin folds and also when I weight myself that morning before seeing him.   All my results get posted in Lindy's forum :-)

The WNBF has a team of 22 Aussie athletes going to New York for the Worlds in little over a weeks time.  This all seems so exciting and my dream is to be apart of this team next year, to stand on an International stage in New York, wow!
I have automatically qualified for the WNBF Nationals 2009 due to my placing 2nd last year at the Nationals but I really need stage experience so I will compete in May and Oct next year.  It will be a big prep year and with the new career starting soon I hope I can do this.
Also the WNBF is working on bringing comps to Perth so stay tuned for that.

Eat, Train and Laugh Alot!!
Deb

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on finishing your Cert III and IV that is so awesome - you must be really proud of yourself. I am also doing mine but am stuck on Module 2. With competing now coming to a finish I am hoping to get stuck right into and and get it finish. Can you tell, if you can remember what the exam was for Module 2, multiple choice like the Nutrition one or written answers? This would help me out heaps. Thanks for the great comment also that you left on Lindy's site - I have been blown away by people's responses to me on stage. I can't wait to do it all again next year. Keep up the great work - SAM XXX

Splice said...

Hi Sam!
By memory I believe it was multiple choice. If you need any help feel free to email me splicebaby@hotmail.com.
I hope you are recovering well from your comp. I promise to have a look at those pictures I took of you soon, I have been busy.
Debs

Stephanie Davis said...

Hi Deb, hope your lower back is feeling much better very soon, ouch!

Meanwhile, competing in New York?! That would be AMAZING, 2009 is going to be your year!

Jadey said...

Hey gorgeous! Congratulations on your new qualifications.

How exciting for you.

Now take good care of yourself. I hope your back is feeling better soon.