Monday, October 27, 2008

The results are in.....


I saw JD this morning and am so happy to say the results were great, much better then I expected.  
Since starting with him 6 weeks ago my scale weight has dropped 1.5kgs and my skin folds have dropped a staggering 28.5mls!!!
This has been such an easy drop, easy in the sense that I have not been hungry, I have not craved foods, I have not done excessive cardio etc.  I am even maintaining/preserving/building muscle.

It's very different to what i'm used too, all my life when I would want to lose weight I would go on a diet, this would mean starving my poor body, so I always associated hunger with weight loss.  If i'm feeling hungry I am losing weight - this is the message my brain was trained to think and for so many years, I couldn't just undo that over night!

So now I eat, and i'm satisfied, so I don't think that i'm losing weight.  Days and weeks go by and I don't notice the body fat melting away due to the lack of that hunger=weight loss feeling, so I go for my appointment and get shocked with the results but i am slowly catching on.

My previous skin folds showed a good drop around my abdominal area, today it was in my legs, funny how it works.  I think with my back injury my leg session has changed from heavy low reps, to light high reps, this may have had something to do with the drop in the quad area.

I still have a fair way to go and that's okay because i'm walking in the right direction, what more could I ask for??  Nothing :-)

11 comments:

Magda said...

Woohoo you're sounding like you are on fire Miss Deb. GO GIRL!!

XX Magda

ss2306 said...

Well done Deb. Awesome job!

Congrats on finishing your Certificates also.

There's definately gonna be some sexy chicks in the state of Qld. Not that your not sexy now but you know what I mean.

LizN said...

awesome Debs, keep up the great work!

Andrea said...

Great work deb on the loss. I am a big believer that when all things are in balance and you are not thinking too hard about any of the steps in the process that it all just falls into place. you are walking proof!
Andrea

Sam D-M said...

Hi Deb,

Awesome work! sounds like you have a great coach too.

I only train my legs high rep. I hate it, but sometimes I would do up to 50 rep squats - yuk. But it gets my legs nice and lean.

Have an awesome day!
Sam

Em said...

Fantastic losses sweetie your going great guns :)

I am still playing catch up but I will get there :)

Have a smashing week!

Em:)

Ali said...

CONGRATS on your quals!! That great Deb, you will make a wonderful PT.

Thanks heaps for the lovely comment on my blog, and wonderful to see you doing so great

Ali xx

Shaboom said...

Nice Work Deb, sounds like you are definatley heading in the right direction :)

Miss Positive said...

Awesome work on those results Deb!

Hilary xx

Doris's BEHAG journey said...

Woot woot
Sorry Deb, bit slow on the uptake. FANTASTIC! I am so please that it is all working in the right way for you. Look out world, Debs on the move!

xD

Spartze said...

Hey you!!!! belated congrats!! love ya xox