Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Skin Folds




Since starting my new meal plan with Jon Davie 4 weeks ago I have been eating lots and lots of good food and haven't weighed in or taken my skin folds until today.
I have posted my results on Lindy's site so some of you already know:-)
I have lost 1 kilo off the scales and 17.5mls of body fat!! This is a fantastic result for me and I am stoked!! So the plan now is to increase my food intake a little more so that I can drop another 5-7mls within 3 weeks when I go see him again.

I'm happy because the biggest drop was around my abdominal area, and I have noticed my clothes are loose but I keep thinking they had stretched lol. My reasoning behind this is because my brain is to programmed in thinking less food in means weight loss, and more food in means fat gain.
So when i eat more then I ever have before with each meal the last thing on my mind is "i'm losing weight"! But lucky my body is on the ball with this and i'm getting results.
JD adjusted my meal plan by adding more to it as I am getting hungry again now that my body is used to the amount of food i'm eating.

My cardio has been structured and it is still a walk in the park or a treadmill lol. Just keeping a steady pace, nothing crazy, I have actually learnt to like this over the last couple of weeks, i'm adjusting to it all. But it just means I smash myself when it comes to the weights ;-)

So with these results you can tell i'm pretty bloody happy right now, how can I not be now that it had confirmed to me that I am on the right path to a healthy, lean body!

I have been doing a lot of research on cardio and weight loss lately and all I can say is that cardio is not the key to losing weight, resistance training and nutrition are. If you can get your calorie intake right in the off season (having a higher intake), this will give you so much more room to move for prepping and you would come in with more muscles!!

Debs xxx

7 comments:

Stephanie Davis said...

you are spot on deb! I can't believe the hours i spent busting my guts doing high impact aerobics when i should have cleaned up my diet :S great work, so proud of you

Jehanne said...

Awesome! Thats such a great result - I think I need to head your advice and eat more, more carbs maybe, I tend to be a little scared of them... gotta deal with this little issue I have!

Splice said...

Steph you are such a wonderful support and accountability partner!

Jehanne, it's best to increase your carb intake only around your workouts, but definitely increase your food intake buy eating lots of greens!

Tara said...

Deb, that is the best news ever!! Do u have much more that u want to lose? You don't look like you do!!

Looking forward to seeing you on Sat, maybe we will get the chance to sit down and have a chin wag :o)

Tara xx

Charlotte Orr said...

Great work Deb!

ss2306 said...

Excellent results Deb.

It's so much easier when you know you are on the right path and heading in the right direction. I know your mind is now at ease.

We must be on the same path now. I'm feeling your peace!

LizN said...

Debs, I am so thrilled for you! See you Saturday night.
xox