Monday, September 1, 2008

Not Always Rosey

Hi Guys!
Sometimes I wonder how I come across to the people that read my blog and have done for a while now. I am a very private person and I hope nobody takes me the wrong way.

I have huge self esteem and self confidence issues and have done all my life, I know this is nothing new and i'm not the only one in this situation. So I find it hard to write what I am really feeling, I usually only touch the surface because I never want to offend anyone in any way accidentally.

One thing I do is blog the truth about my progress or how i'm feeling, generally it's good and i'm progressing well and that is mainly what you read but that doesn't mean that I am doing it easy, i'm not super human, it means that I don't blog when i'm down or struggling anywhere near as much as when I do when i'm happy and flowing along.
So 'i'm sorry if I may have come across that way, it seems kind of pig headed of me to think I am so good and I have no issues! This is not the case.

I blog about training more then anything else and that's because I love it and I really don't have issue there, but I am having continuous issues with my nutrition. I can go weeks will no problems and then I start doubting myself, that's when it gets messy for me and I get completely lost and feel the need to get help.
Lucky for me I spoke up a little in Lindy's forum and I was heard and now I am trying to get back on track again one day at a time.

Drinking is getting to much for me, I clearly can't go on drinking as many nights a week as I have been as it is depressing me during the day so this is my first priority, I must cut it down to once a week and thats final. I am not addicted to it I can go without but I have not been trying and that's the problem.

After a few posts at Lindy's forum I have learnt alot about myself and it made me realize that this is what my blog is for, to blog about things and get it out in the open, then read it and see it from another point of view, It's like analyzing yourself.
I have learnt that through my lack of confidence I lose trust in myself when it come to feeding my body, I need to trust myself more as I know what to do, I just need to believe it and stop freaking out by cutting my portion sizes down every time I feel self doubt about the meal, it is like a safety net, not sure so eat less, how am I to build muscle this way?? I train so freakin hard, so hard that I walk out of the gym each session knowing I couldn't have done more so I shouldn't be eating like a sparrow when i'm training like a lion.

Tonight's a good start, I have had no wine, just tea, and this will be the case right through till the weekend, I hope I only have a glass or two on Saturday night, and not Friday or Sunday as well, but i'm pretty angry with myself right now so I think I will stay on track.

I know I will feel better tomorrow, so I will post again soon.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

I think you are doing a great job- like I've said in the past, you have come a long long way and keep getting better and better. I'd be proud if I was you! I dont think theres a person out there who doesnt have issues- whether it be self confidence, nutrition issues, motivation issues, or any other of a billion issues, but the strong will survive, and I think you are way strong.

Keep smiling!

T said...

I just discovered your blog, and I am excited to read your past posts and get to know more about your journey with bodybuilding. I have been thinking about competing for awhile now, and am seriously raising the bar for myself now as far as nutrition and training are concerned. I made a blog to track my progress. Keep up the great work!
T

LizN said...

(((Debs))). Glad you can feel like you can vent. Love you no matter what :)

Cheers
Liz N

Anonymous said...

Yay somebody else who's opening up and being brutally honest, I'm no longer alone. Congrats Deb, I know personally how difficult that must of been for you and I'm proud of you for facing your challenges. You have my 100% support sweetheart.

I love you Deb. :o)

Lia xxx

Anonymous said...

we all have our vices babe - u know mine"I am not addicted to it I can go without but I have not been trying and that's the problem.
" yes u will kick the habit- i have issues self esteem wise but leaning on a crutch dosnt make it easier does it? (I know i still do lean on that crutch) we can fight these things together jewel xxxxx